Sunday, 3 April 2011

Procrastination is such a wonderful thing...(pardon the changes in font, I can't fix that for some reason)

The end of year deadlines are approaching and with it the soul destroying task of organisation! This made 10 times worst by the fact that I'm going home in a week to lounge around in Cornwall for three weeks, drinking cider and eating pasties (the stereotypes are true). Of course, this means that the chance of me doing work while in the comfort of my family home is quite unlikely. The sensible part of my brain is trying to organise its time and work into managable task that I can complete over the next week in order to lighten my work load over the Easter break...However, the other side of my brain has decided to google "procrastination" in order to reassure itself that its a common thing that happens to everyone...turns out it happens to some pretty smart people too.

So here's a nice list of my favourite quotes about procrastination:


The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.  ~Author Unknown

 If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done.  ~Author Unknown


Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow.  ~Gerald Vaughan

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.  ~Mark Twain

You may delay, but time will not.  ~Benjamin Franklin <- This was just to add some political power to my blog! It's a pretty lousy quote.

Funnily enough, by the time I finished reading the page of quotes, typing this post up and checking/admiring it, I'd procrastinated for another half an hour.....but yknow what they say:

Procrastination is like masturbation.  At first it feels good, but in the end you're only screwing yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment